Monday, June 11, 2012

It's Gettin Hot in Here!!


My son gets so hot in his carseat!!!  Like drenched shirt hot, even on days that aren't that hot.

I am one of those people that hates being hot, so my air conditioning is usually on too.  The carseats these days are just so bulky, and made with fabrics that worry about comfort and safety over breath ability. This is why my poor son gets so hot.  I didn't think there was anything that I could do about it, until my good friend Antoinette (of Butterfly Kisses and Rainbow Wishes) mentioned that there were carseat cooling products on the market.



I decided I needed to research these, and get one ASAP!!!  After looking around, I found out that the most popular one (amongst parents) was the Meeno Babies Liner.  They come in three types, Infant Bucket Liner, Stroller Liner, and Toddler Carseat.  We bought the Toddler Carseat one in black.  It blends in perfectly with his Britax Boulevard.  However this was one time that I did not care about appearances!!  My main objective was keeping my son comfortable, and safe. After a week of using it (in hot weather), it looks like it is a keeper!!  The liner makes my son's seat so comfortable, it is actually "cushiony".  We didn't have any fights about getting him in the seat...and most importantly his shirt was dry, and he actually felt cooler!!!  I can't believe it!!



There is nothing mechanical in this liner, or any chemicals. I had worried about both things, before I started researching them.  This is how the company explains how they work, " Made from state of the art, 3-ply poly-mesh material that promotes airflow between your child’s body and their seat. Warm air escapes, preventing overheating and perspiring keeping baby cool and comfortable."  It seems to really work, and most importantly they are machine washable. (you know how messy kids can be in their carseats)



I would definitely recommend spending the $40 to get one of these for your child, especially if you live in a place with a warm climate.  Once again, this is an item that I wish they would make for me too.  We like his carseat liner so much, that we are actually considering getting him the stroller one too!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved