Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Flippin Through Time...



As many parents do, we take monthly pictures of our son.  We position him in the same place and outfit, and then put his "month sticker" on. (this event has become quite the battle in the last few months...our subject leaves the shoot and rips off his stickers:) ) It can be exhausting and stressful, but then we look at the final product, and realize that it is so worth the extra effort.

I wasn't happy with just having these pictures in an album or photo box.  I wanted to find a way to share them, and keep them out for us to enjoy.  I also loved how when I scrolled through them on the computer, they appeared to move.  That is when it came to me...I would make a flip book!!!  I had planned on crafting one myself, until I realized that Snapfish offered a flip book.






They start at $4.99, and the process of making them is so extremely simple.  The only hard part is narrowing down your monthly pictures, to find one favorite for each month.  This took my husband and I about a week to do.  Once you pick your favorite pictures, then you pick a theme (color scheme), the size of your book, arrange the pictures, and decide if you want to put captions on them.








We wanted the pictures to speak for themselves, and actually be able to use the book as a flip book...so we went with the most basic white theme, and no captions.







We are so happy with how it turned out, that it has become a staple on our coffee table.  It is amazing to see how much he has changed, and so fun to show it to him and everyone that drops by our house.




We had planned to only take these pictures during his first year, but we love them and our flip book so much that we are planning to do it every year.  At least until he is old enough to drive away:)

Head over to Snapfish, and make your own flip book or fun item today.  From now until 6/30 enjoy free shipping on your order of $25+, with code FSJUN25 :)  Feel free to share your finished products on our Facebook page!!


...My husband wants to make a flip book filled with pictures of our son crying, to share with future girlfriends:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved