Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Little Orso Bookshelf- Sleep Sanity Edition


When I was pregnant I received "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley, as a gift.  We never had to use it, because we were one of those "lucky people" that had a baby that just started sleeping through the night right away. (I know you hate us).




Well things changed a lot when my son hit 16 months.  He stopped wanting to take a nap, and starting fighting off going to bed.  It was a nightmare, and we had no experience with what to do (because of him being so easy when he was born).  I started asking around and realized that many parents with kids 15 months- 4 years, were experiencing something similar.  We all had our own tricks to help, but no one had any definite answers with why this was happening, or how to fix it.

I decided that I needed to find a book, that seems to be my answer to most things that I can not fix (blame it on the fact that I grew up without the internet).

I was so excited to hear that Elizabeth Pantley had written a sequel to "The No Cry Sleep Solution", called "The No Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers".  Like I mentioned before I had never read or used her earlier techniques, but had heard that she was amazing from those that had.  So many friends swear that without her book they would have gone crazy.  I figured it was worth a try, and ordered a copy.




I quickly started reading the book, and within 9 pages...yes 9 pages!!! I had solved a lot of our issues. It was shocking how many things that we were doing "wrong" and hadn't even realized it.  They were so obvious, such as playing with him before bed etc...

I am not going to go into her tips or anything like that, because we all have our own different sleep issues. ( I would have to copy the entire book here...which I am sure is far from being legal)  However I am going to say that this book has really helped us (my son has been taking three hour naps since getting it...knock on wood). It gives me the feeling of having an expert on hand to help me at any hour.  For me the worst part of his sleep issues, was feeling helpless.  I felt like I could not help him, and overwhelmed by it all.

I definitely recommend picking up a copy.  If you already own either book, please feel free to share your experiences below.  I would love to know if they have worked for any of you!!!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just ordered both. Am due in a week.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved