Friday, July 27, 2012

On the Road Again...


As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I have been redecorating a tiny part of our home to serve as a play area for my son.  Here is my earlier post about the project.

I wanted to decorate the walls, but needed to find something temporary and inexpensive (since we are renting).  I went on a hunt for car decals.  I stumbled upon a great company called RoomMates.  They have an extensive collection of wall decals, that are easy to apply and remove.  (I actually had to reposition a few of mine, and they were very easy to remove and adhered just as well after removing them.)  They sell giant wall murals, borders, custom decals, and more...I decided that I was going to go with some basic small decals.




I received 26 decals for $10.  Most of the decals that I had looked at cost about $50+, so I was concerned about the quality of the decals.  However when they arrived, I was pleasantly surprised.  They were thick, and extremely durable.  As I mentioned above I had to reposition a few, and they did great.  I also decided to put my obsessive tendencies aside, and let my son actually help decorate the walls.  As you know toddlers are not the most gentle with things, yet the decals did not stretch or rip.  He was able to easily put them on the wall, with no air bubbles or lifting sides.




The colors are vibrant, and the designs are adorable.  We did a free hand border across the bottom, and scattered the others across the wall.




I can't tell you what a difference these 26 decals have made.  The area actually feels finished, and it distinguishes that it is for him.  He loves them, and smiles every time he walks in.  I plan on adding some road decals, and ordering some others for his bedroom. Especially the custom decals!! 

I remember taping pictures of all of my friends on the wall, in junior high.  It sent my parents over the edge, because it looked messy and ripped off paint when they came off.  How great would it be to get the custom decals made for your teen??!! 

They truly have something for everyone, and are extremely affordable.  Head over and check out RoomMates today:)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these

Chris wiltshire said...

Lovely wall graphics.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved