Thursday, July 19, 2012

Arizona Sunshine Girls


Before I start this special post, I wanted to clear something up...

Little Orso is for everyone!! True it is primarily a kids shopping blog, but I feature items for moms and things that "big kids" would like too. 

When I started my blog, my main reason was because there weren't many kids blogs that included boy items.  A lot of kids' blogs say that they are "kids shopping blogs", but then only showed girl clothes and accessories.  Not even one neutral toy or book on the page.  I am not sure why that it is!?!! 

I have a son (as you all know), and I love shopping for him (as you all really know:) )  Just because he is not the same gender as I am, does not make shopping for him any less special.  The sad thing is somehow this "only fun to shop for my daughter sentiment" seems to have hit the kids markets too. 

There is far less available for little boys:( I decided I would point out great items for little boys, and hopefully get the industry to realize that "boy moms" like to shop too.  Our boys are just as important!!  However I never intended for my blog to do the same thing that I complained about, leave people out!!  Everyone is welcome, especially parents of little girls.  Judging from my emails from current readers, many of you already realize this.  However I still get a random comment here and there, saying something to the point of "well I would read your blog, but I don't have a son."  That was never my intention at all, and if you actually ready my blog then you would see that 90% of my posts are non-gender specific. (which if I had more time or thought anyone would actually read it, I would go into why I do not believe that toys and kids accessories are gender specific anyway...)  Which brings me back to the point of this explanation...I just want a place where boys are not left out, not a place where girls are left out.  So please join me every day, and share us with your friends with girls.

I almost missed out on this special store, because of that misinformation.  They only sell items for girls, so it almost wasn't shared with me.  I do not plan on featuring very many items that are primarily for girls, but I definitely make exceptions for special ones like Arizona Sunshine Girls.




My friend Emalee shared this wonderful store with me, not because of their items but because of why the store was started.  The store is owned by her sister Sarah, who suffers from Scleroderma (Scleroderma is a connective tissue disease that involves changes in the skin, blood vessels, muscles, and internal organs. It is a type of autoimmune disorder, a condition that occurs when the immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys healthy body tissue***)  Due to her illness, she can not work out of her home.  She also recently learned that she will need to get a lung transplant sometime in the near future.  Such a scary diagnosis to hear, but even worse when you worry about the financial aspect involved.  Sarah decided to start her store, and start saving up now.




I honestly agreed to do this post to help a person in need. As you all know my husband has cancer, and has received an amazing amount of support, and I love when I am be able to pass this same support forward. Something special happened when I visited her store, I realized I would have wanted to share her items anyway.  They are beautiful and delicate, and they have a vintage feel to them.  They are exactly the style of items, that I would have bought for my daughter.  I especially love the cuffs, and the delicate little hair clips.




Head over and check out Arizona Sunshine Girls today!!  Not only will you pick up some adorable items, but you will help a very special cause.





***http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001465/



1 comments:

MEK said...

Thank you so much for sharing. What an amazing post. I love arizona sunshine girls. And my sister too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved