Friday, December 30, 2011

Little Orso Book Shelf

Our latest favorite is "Charlie the Ranch Dog.".  It is written by Ree Drummond (aka The Pioneer Woman).  I have been reading her blog for a while, she has great recipes and I love reading about ranch life.  Ree wrote a children's book earlier this year about her dog Charlie.  The book is hilarious, but what really makes it a favorite are the illustrations!!  My son loves to read this book at least three times a day.  Charlie reminds us of our Jack (who is a Lhasa Apso but acts a lot like Charlie).






Charlie is a bacon loving Basset Hound.  The book is written through his perspective.  He brings you along for a typical day on the ranch.  You will laugh out loud when you realize the discrepancy between Charlie's idea of the day, and what really happens!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had this on my Amazon wishlist since it came out I will have to get it.

Buckley said...

It is worth it!! The story is so cute, and the illustrations are adorable:) We have been reading it three times a day!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved