3. Fold your newspaper in half.
4. Fold both outer corners down, meeting in the middle.
5. Put a couple of pieces of scotch tape on each triangle.
6. You'll notice that there are two pieces of newspaper at the bottom of the hat. Take one piece and fold it up, secure with tape if you want; then turn the hat over and fold the other paper up.
7. Cut out the Jolly Roger from the center of the paper (keep the scraps, you'll be using them in the next step). Use the template as a stencil: Place the paper over top of the center of your hat and brush paint over top. Remove the paper and you'll have your Jolly Roger printed on your hat. Younger children will find the paint easier, older children can use a marker in the stencil. Note: You will need to print the Jolly Roger Stencil on heavy paper if you want to use it for more than one hat.
8. Cut out the eyes and nose from the cut out stencil and glue them in place, and you're all done your Newspaper Pirate Hat!