Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Midnight Orange

The Midnight Orange carries the most breathtaking sculptures I have ever seen. You don't have to have experienced a loss to be moved by the owner D.Antonia's work.  Her work is not only for infant loss, but many of us find comfort in it.  She also has been very generous with the infant loss community, and has taken part in many events.




D. Antonia has not lost a child herself, but her work comes from a similar place.  When she was 8 years old, she lost a close friend named Christopher.  His death made a huge impact on her life, and through connecting with his mother she realized the need for "Legacy".  
 

Sculpting the ever-present bond between parents and children who touch the stars too soon is truly my heart's work and daily I startle at the extreme honor of being so blessed to be able to do this. My goal was to create something for parents to display for others which would then evoke conversation. I really wanted to be able to create some tangible way for parents to show others that it is okay to talk about their children and for my sculptures to be a “starting place”.  In my heart of hearts I pray that people see these pieces and realize that despite the overwhelming pain in losing a child, there is healing for parents to simply know people remember.


I feel like my words can not accurately describe the beauty of her work, so I suggest heading over and checking it out for yourself.

You can view and purchase her work at the following places:
Etsy Store- http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheMidnightOrange
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Midnight-Orange/




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved