Thursday, March 1, 2012

SOBBS


 Today I am featuring SOBBS (Stories of Babies Born Still), and their amazing founder Lori.  Lori lost her son Zachary in March of 1986. Since then she has done so much to help other families that have lost a child, and to honor her son.

One of Lori's biggest contributions has been her SOBBS page on Facebook.  It is a place where people that have lost a child can come together and get support, and a place where they can openly talk about their babies.  There are over 2,000 active members, and the site has a library of helpful documents.  Lori has been active in donating help packets to hospitals, getting birth certificates for stillborn children, and offering support for mothers that have just lost a child and don't know where to turn. If you would like to join this group, please contact Lori on the sites below.  The group is private, and only for those that have lost children.

Recently Lori started offering two products, that any family that has lost a child, would want!!



The first one is her "Mom of an Angel" bracelet.  These bracelets are not just for moms!!  They have "Dad of an Angel (my husband wears his every single day!!); Sister...; Brother....; Grandparent...; etc...





The other item comes out next week, it is a book that Lori wrote about her experience with infant loss.  It is called "Wandering Purgatory".  Those that have read excerpts from it, say they can really relate to it.  Pre-order your copy here.  It is officially goes on sale on March 6th, the anniversary of her son's passing.

Excerpt from "Wandering Purgatory".....


"There we were holding hands, tears streaming down our cheeks when our son was placed in my arms for the first and only time.

The next moment I found myself looking into the sweetest little face I had ever seen, the face of an angel.

Now I lay me down to sleep.

My mind began to run through the popular children’s prayer.

Were they sure…absolutely, positively sure?

I pray the Lord my soul to keep.

He looked as if he might just be asleep, eyelids outlined with golden colored eyelashes resting peacefully on tiny cheeks.

His tiny perfectly shaped little lips were dusty rose in color and were slightly parted as if waiting for a kiss.

If I should die before I wake.

He never got the chance to wake.

I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Releasing Ted’s hand I suddenly had the need to unwrap the blanket.

I tugged at it gingerly at first, looking to the nurse for reassurance. Reassured, I pulled the cloth away.

I had to see my little boy.

I had to see all 10 fingers and all 10 toes.

I had to see that he was perfect in every way.

I had to see now because this was the only chance I was ever going to get.

I would never get to spend countless hours marveling at the simple perfection of my baby.

The thought was more than I could bear.

With tears streaming down my cheeks, I had to lay my head back against the pillow to catch my breath, because once again the heaviness in my chest threatened to choke the very life from me.

The nurse took this as a sign. A sign of all I could bear, she came forward, gathered my little miracle up and took him away.

It was the first time.

It was the last time.

It was the only time I saw my baby."



To check out everything that Lori has done, and products that she has to offer, visit one of her sites:

https://www.facebook.com/MomofanAngelwristbands
http://sobbs.goodsie.com/  

***They also accept donations.

 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hallo still have not resaved the 2X bracelets "MOM OF ANGELS". YOU PROMMESD ME IN JUNE THAT YOU WILL SEND ME THE THE WRIGHT. WHITE ONS. UP TILL NOW YOU DO NOT ANSWER MY MAILS. S.E.GASKIN

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved