Wednesday, March 14, 2012

**Local Gem** Restord

Today I am starting my new feature called Local Gems.  From time to time I will feature local (Orange County and Los Angeles) businesses, that I think are really great!!  These businesses are places that I actually shop at or do business with, and that I really love.  I am not receiving any compensation for these features, and they are honest reviews.  They are meant to help moms and their families find great places to shop, or do business with.

If you have a great local business that you think I should visit, please email me at buckley@littleorso.com.

Our first feature is an amazing place called Restord. It is a non- profit organization that sells items to raise money to fund the operation of a transitional home for displaced women and their children. The housing offers not only a safe place to stay, but also training in specialized trades.  Their goal is to help people get back on their feet, and become self sufficient again.



I recently visited Restord, and was not only bowled over by what a wonderful cause they are...but how great their store is!!  They have an amazing kids section, with tons of gently used and new clothes and gear. I found so many great things, including a co-sleeper, crib, diaper bags, frames, books, dvds, and very cute clothes.  I was able to buy my son an adorable t-shirt for a $1.  Where else can you find cute baby stuff, without breaking the bank??...and feel good about buying it!!




The best part about Restord is not only can you shop for a great cause, but you can donate too.  I don't know about all of you, but I feel sick every time my son grows out of something.  During some of his growth spurts, he would only wear an item once or twice:(  It broke my heart!!  Now I have a place where I can take his stuff, and know that some other family will enjoy it...while another family is helped out because of it!!




They have something for everyone there; furniture, seasonal items, mens's wear, womens', electronics, books, dvds....I could have literally spent a day browsing through everything that they had.




If you live in Orange County, definitely swing by and check them out at:
71 Auto Center Drive
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610

They also have a website http://restord.org/.

...and a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/restordshop/info


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved