My son just started being able to really eat with us, so we haven't been able to "kid test" many of these recipes yet. But we have "parent tested" quite a few, and they are great!! They have a section on basic things you can do to make your own recipes healthier, a section with great recipes they found on people's blogs (I really like that section...I found some new blogs to follow:) ), and a section of recipes just for the slow cooker. With my crazy life, I am trying to embrace the slow cooker more!! This is definitely not one of those cookbooks that you will only take out every once in a while, you can literally use it for every meal.
Head out and grab No Whine with Dinner Today!!
In the mean time enjoy one of our favorites from the book. (even our dog loved this one!!)
Chicken Pot Pie Bundles
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil divided
1 large carrot peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
1/2 small onion, cut into 1/4 inch dice
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2 inch dice
2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pinch of pepper
1cup of all natural chicken broth
4 teaspoons cornstarch
3/4 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
12 egg roll wraps (not the smaller wonton wraps)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrot and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in the chicken, tarragon, salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Place the broth and cornstarch in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Add to the skillet along with the peas and corn, and bring the liquid to a simmer, stirring constantly. Continue to simmer and stir gently until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- To prepare the bundles, use a muffin pan with 12 medium-size cups (do not coat with nonstick cooking spray). Gently place 1 egg roll wrap into each cup, letting it extend over the sides.
- Place a generous 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into each wrap, and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Fold the corners up and over the top of the filling and press to seal the edges (it doesn’t have to be perfect!). Brush the remaining oil on top of each bundle.
- Bake until golden and crisp,12 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly before eating.